OCD Therapy and Treatment (ERP)
You are unique, and your therapy for OCD should be, too — while also being based on research. With that in mind, I offer an individualized treatment program based on the research-based treatment for OCD, exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy. Using an empathetic, caring approach, I customize the four-phase OCD treatment program based on your needs to help you win back your life from OCD.
Assessing and monitoring of OCD symptoms and severity using the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS) and other assessments
Preparing for ERP using education and cognitive therapy, supported with a variety of worksheets and activities including:
- The game of OCD: changing the rules to make it easier for you to win!
- The three “legs of the stool”: creating a new relationship with your anxiety
- I can handle that!: learning the power of content substitution
- “What if it means something this time?!?”: preparing for what your OCD might say when you start ERP
ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention)
Working on exposure and response prevention exercises with you in the office or outside of the office in the “real world.”
- ERP practice cards: tracking and rewarding yourself for between-session practice
- How am I doing?: monitoring your progress with charts and graphs as you work on items in your hierarchy
- All in the family: working with your family to help them help you
- When “life happens:” planning your response prevention strategy
- Avoiding ERP pitfalls: tweaking your ERP skills
Developing a follow-up plan for relapse prevention
- The continuum: moving from provoking to permitting
- Giving yourself a boost: scheduling ERP booster sessions
- What now?: incorporating fun back into your life
If you are also suffering from a disorder related to OCD or depression, your individualized program can include the research-based treatment for those issues as well.
If you would like to learn more about how you can take back you life from OCD, please call me at 404-632-4804 or fill out the Contact Me form. I look forward to speaking with you.