I wrote a 5-part series for my Beyond the Doubt Psychology Today blog called The Best TED Talks for People with OCD, plus an additional post related to Part 4 about how to feel more connected to others.
1. How to avoid having “dead people’s goals” and discover that “discomfort is the price of admission to a meaningful life”
2. How to do effective exposure therapy by using Shoulders Back and acting like what OCD is saying is irrelevant
3. How to change your attitude towards your anxiety to strip away OCD’s power
4. How to strengthen your recovery by loosening OCD’s grip of shame and embracing vulnerability.
5. How to push yourself out of your comfort zone and pursue the life you want to live.
Extra: What Everyone Wants: A simple technique to emphasize the powerful connection between us all